Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct 5 Day bike packing tour

Hi Everybody

Don here with a report on my 5 day bike packing tour, I just arrived back in Niigata City last night at 5.30pm after 5 days on the road exploring Niigata & Fukushima. In total I did about 433km over the 5 days, that may not sound like that much but considering the roads I traveled over and the altitude gained  they were some of the hardest days I have ever done touring in my life. To make it even tougher all that was done on a 2013 Kona Unit single speed 29 inch MTB , fully loaded with bike packing bags. The last day was the longest with a run from the city of Aizu Wakumatsu via Kitakata and back into Niigata city which took 11 hours of almost non stop cycling with a total distance of 153km !. If you want to check out my full 5 day report head over to my blog at
 http://3speedtouringinjapan.blogspot.jp/2013/10/oct-5-day-bike-packing-tour.html

Pictured in this post are a few photos taken along the route












No comments:

Post a Comment